Client Rights and Service Charter:
Beyond My Label is committed to developing an organisational culture that supports the legal and human rights of clients and ensures they are able to exercise those rights as outlined in relevant legislation including the:
- Age Discrimination Act 2004
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Mental Health Act 2016
Beyond My Label understands and supports the principles of fairness and human rights in all aspects of service delivery. It will ensure that services are provided in an environment free from discrimination, financial, sexual, physical and emotional abuse, neglect or exploitation.
|Record of policy development|
|Version||Date approved||Date for review|
|Responsibilities and delegations|
|This policy applies to||Owner/founder, staff and volunteers|
|Policy context – this policy relates to:|
|Forms, record keeping, other documents|
Beyond My Label will:
- provide easily understood and accessible information to all clients at service commencement about what the organisation does, how clients can contact the organisation, clients rights, the service standards clients can expect and opportunities to provide feedback or make a complaint
- ensure clients have access to a fair and transparent system for making complaints and for reporting any breach of their rights
- support clients to exercise choice and participate in service delivery and direction
- involve clients in the development of policies and procedures that impact on their service
Beyond My Label’s client service charter outlines these rights and responsibilities in a way that is accessible and easily understood by clients.
The charter outlines:
- What services Beyond My Label offers.
- How clients can contact Beyond My Label.
- The standards of service your clients can expect from Beyond My Label.
- Client rights and responsibilities within Beyond My Label.
- Opportunities for feedback and participation.
- The process for making complaints and, if appropriate, appeals.
- Opportunities to exercise choice and to participate in service decisions.
- The support Beyond My Label provides clients to enable them to make choices and participate, including the use of interpreters, advocates, written materials in a variety of community languages, and culturally appropriate service strategies.
- How clients will be made aware of the charter.
End of document.